Junior IT Systems Administrator
Brief Company Overview:
IT Mindshare is a veteran-owned technology firm located in Morgantown, WV servicing commercial, non-profit and local government clients. Our core business functions are technology consulting, technology services, Voice over IP (VoIP) service and website/software development. IT Mindshare is in its seventh year of operation and has extensive experience with organizations ranging in size from a few people to several hundred. We are customer support focused. IT Mindshare recruits and retains the best technology talent in the area to service our clients and continue to provide excellent value to the people of West Virginia. We have a fun company culture and a great track record of consistent growth every year of our existence.
The Junior IT Systems Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service, remote support, phone support specifically related to Windows environments and basic networking support. The Junior IT Systems Administrator will seek out areas to help senior IT members by assisting with projects, continually learning and being easy to manage. The Junior IT Systems Administrator should be able to install, image and repair workstations and laptops. This position may include travel to local client locations and may include work after business hours and on weekends for special projects requiring downtime. Most importantly, this position requires a person that is dependable, works with the highest level of integrity and can manage their calendar and stress level adequately while providing excellent customer support.
- Must be able to self-manage and require minimal oversight to produce great results.
- Must be comfortable assisting senior members and accepting tasking.
- One (1) or more years of experience working as a technology professional.
- One (1) or more years of experience in IT services related to installation, configuration and/or maintenance of desktops, laptops, servers and/or network infrastructure.
- Official training and/or certifications in either Systems Administration, Networking or Security.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of network fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of Windows Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of virtual environments (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Valid driver’s license with minimal points on the driving record.
- Microsoft Server experience related to building, configuring, installing or repair.
- Network experience related to WiFi, switches, routers, VLANs or similar.
- Microsoft SharePoint configuration, installation and management experience
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience
- Experience working in a small company environment (under 50 employees)
- Experience working for a Managed Services Provider
Position Requirements & Description:
- Work effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, outside customers and vendors, including tolerance for schedule interruptions.
- Researching, resolving and documenting complex technology and networking problems.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licenses, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and servers.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- Fill in for team members as the need arises.
Please E-mail your resume to apply@ITMindshare.com to apply for this position.