Senior IT Systems Administrator
Brief Company Overview:
IT Mindshare is a veteran-owned technology firm located in Morgantown, WV servicing commercial, non-profit and local government clients. Our core business functions are technology consulting, technology services, Voice over IP (VoIP) service and website/software development. IT Mindshare is in its seventh year of operation and has extensive experience with organizations ranging in size from a few people to several hundred. We are customer support focused. IT Mindshare recruits and retains the best technology talent in the area to service our clients and continue to provide excellent value to the people of West Virginia. We have a fun company culture and a great track record of consistent growth every year of our existence.
The Senior IT Systems Administrator’s primary responsibility is to be one of the company experts in either networking or Windows Active Directory environments. This person should be able to diagnose and resolve complex problems as well as provide accurate assessments and project plans. Additionally, the Senior IT Systems Administrator will provide technical support and leadership, including maintaining industry best-practice standards for workstations, servers and application support while delivering quality customer service. The Senior IT Systems Administrator must be able to install, support, and automate services for clients in the field and remotely from IT Mindshare’s service center. This position may include travel to local client locations and may include work after business hours and on weekends for special projects requiring downtime. Most importantly, this position requires a person that is dependable, works with the highest level of integrity and can manage their calendar and stress level adequately while providing excellent customer support.
- Must be able to self-manage and require minimal oversight to produce great results.
- Must be comfortable in the role as the company expert for either networking or Windows AD.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience working as a technology professional.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with networking or Microsoft Windows Active Directory being the primary function of the position.
- Official training and/or certifications in either Systems Administration, Networking or Security.
- Expert in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and similar protocols to include how they work and best practices.
- AND/OR Expert in Active Directory, LDAP, Domain Controller, Group Policy and Security in a Microsoft environment.
- Proficient with enterprise grade network hardware, software, configuration and installation.
- Ability to diagnose network issues on corporate enterprise networks.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of VMware ESXi / Hyper-V environment.
- Valid driver’s license with minimal points on the driving record.
- Microsoft Exchange Server configuration, installation and management experience
- VMware ESXi certifications and in-depth experience
- Experience with Azure AD or AWS Directory Service
- Microsoft SharePoint configuration, installation and management experience
- Scripting experience
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience
- Experience working in a small company environment (under 50 employees)
- Experience working for a Managed Services Provider
Position Requirements & Description:
- Work effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, outside customers and vendors, including tolerance for schedule interruptions.
- Researching, resolving and documenting complex technology and networking problems.
- Independently produce and maintain technical documentation related to complex tasks and projects.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licenses, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and setup on schedule.
- Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventative solutions.
- Mentoring junior technology professionals on hardware and software problem analysis and resolution.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Microsoft server installation, build, rebuild, repair, recovery and troubleshooting.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and servers.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- All aspects of security, including intrusion detection, firewall administration and security scans.
- Install, configure, administer, repair and diagnose various types of networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, access points and WiFi technology.
- Fill in for both junior and senior level team members as the need arises.
Please E-mail your resume to apply@ITMindshare.com to apply for this position.