JOIN OUR TEAM
Senior Systems/Network Administrator
Brief Company Overview:
IT Mindshare is a technology firm serving commercial, government and non-profit organizations with strategic consulting, technology services, phone service as well as web and graphic design services. IT Mindshare is obsessed with customer satisfaction, productivity, teamwork and improving themselves and their community. Their proven systems and processes allow them to provide excellent service, every time, while keeping things simple. IT Mindshare is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that was founded in July of 2012. The company has grown in just a few short years to serve over fifty clients in multiple states. IT Mindshare takes great pride in being a great place to work with excellent compensation, benefits and an awesome company culture that values people, hard work and having fun.
The Senior Systems/Network Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide technical support and leadership, including maintaining industry best-practice standards for workstation, server and application support while delivering quality customer service. The Senior Systems/Network Administrator must be able to install, support, and automate services for clients in the field and remotely from IT Mindshare’s service center. This position may include travel to local client locations and may include work after business hours and weekends for special projects requiring downtime. Most importantly, this position requires a person that is dependable, works with the highest level of integrity and can manage their calendar and stress level adequately while providing excellent customer support. The Senior Systems/Network Administrator is required to be the resident expert in Windows Server and or Networking areas. They will provide guidance to junior team members, lead projects and be the final escalation point for server and network issues and projects.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working as a technology professional.
- Five (5) or more years of experience specifically related to networking and/or servers as a technology professional.
- Official training and/or certifications in either Systems Administration, Networking or Security.
- Expert in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and similar protocols to include how they work and best practices.
- Expert in Active Directory, LDAP, Domain Controller, Group Policy and Security in a Microsoft environment.
- Proficient with enterprise grade network hardware, software, configuration and installation.
- Ability to diagnose network issues on corporate enterprise networks.
- Experience with Windows Server, specifically Active Directory and best practices for configuration.
- Must be able to assess, design, implement and configure core network infrastructure from the ground up.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of virtual server environments.
- Valid driver’s license with minimal points on the driving record.
- Microsoft Exchange Server configuration, installation and management experience. Specifically, migrations to Office 365.
- Virtual server certifications and in-depth experience.
- Microsoft SharePoint configuration, installation and management experience.
- Scripting experience.
- Experience working in a small company environment (under 50 employees).
- Experience working for a Managed Services Provider.
Position Requirements & Description:
- Work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, outside customers and vendors, including tolerance for schedule interruptions.
- Researching, resolving and documenting complex technology and networking problems.
- Independently produce and maintain technical documentation related to complex tasks and projects.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licenses, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and setup on schedule.
- Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventative solutions.
- Mentoring junior technology professionals on hardware and software problem analysis and resolution.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Microsoft server installation, build, rebuild, repair, recovery and troubleshooting.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and servers.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- All aspects of security, including intrusion detection, firewall administration and security scans.
- Install, configure, administer, repair and diagnose various types of networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, access points and WiFi technology.
- Fill in for both junior and senior level team members as the need arises.
Pay range is $55,000-$70,000+ based upon experience and qualifications plus a full benefits package that includes 92% paid health insurance premium with an HSA, up to 3% matching retirement, and life insurance.
Please E-mail your resume to apply@ITMindshare.com to apply for this position.