JOIN OUR TEAM
Junior IT Systems Administrator
Brief Company Overview:
IT Mindshare is a technology firm serving commercial, government and non-profit organizations with strategic consulting, technology consulting and services, cybersecurity consulting and services, and data analytics/business intelligence. IT Mindshare is obsessed with customer satisfaction, productivity, teamwork, improving ourselves and the community. Our proven systems and processes allow us to provide excellent service, every time, while keeping things simple. IT Mindshare is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that was founded in July of 2012. IT Mindshare was named the Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year in 2019 for the state of West Virginia by the SBA. Our company takes great pride in being a great place to work with excellent compensation, benefits and an awesome company culture that values people, hard work and having fun.
The Junior IT Systems Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service, remote support, phone support specifically related to Windows environments and basic networking support. The Junior IT Systems Administrator will seek out areas to help senior IT members by assisting with projects, continually learning and being easy to manage. The Junior IT Systems Administrator should be able to install, image and repair workstations and laptops. This position may include travel to local client locations and may include work after business hours and on weekends for special projects requiring downtime. Most importantly, this position requires a person that is dependable, works with the highest level of integrity and can manage their calendar and stress level adequately while providing excellent customer support.
- Work effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, outside customers and vendors, including tolerance for schedule interruptions.
- Researching, resolving and documenting complex technology and networking problems.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licenses, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and servers.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- Fill in for team members as the need arises.
- Must be able to self-manage and require minimal oversight to produce great results.
- Must be comfortable assisting senior members and accepting tasking.
- One (1) or more years of experience working as a technology professional.
- One (1) or more years of experience in IT services related to installation, configuration and/or maintenance of desktops, laptops, servers and/or network infrastructure.
- Official training and/or certifications in either Systems Administration, Networking or Security.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of network fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of Windows Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of virtual environments (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Valid driver’s license with minimal points on the driving record.
- Microsoft Server experience related to building, configuring, installing or repair.
- Network experience related to WiFi, switches, routers, VLANs or similar.
- Microsoft SharePoint configuration, installation and management experience
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience
- Experience working in a small company environment (under 50 employees)
- Experience working for a Managed Services Provider
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time hourly position.
- IT Mindshare offers competitive pay and a great benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement, intermittent teleworking capabilities, and a fun company culture with rewarding work.
Please Email your resume to apply@ITMindshare.com to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
IT Mindshare is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.