JOIN OUR TEAM
Senior Systems/Network Administrator
Brief Company Overview:
IT Mindshare is a technology firm serving commercial, government and non-profit organizations with strategic consulting, technology consulting and services, cybersecurity consulting and services, and data analytics/business intelligence. IT Mindshare is obsessed with customer satisfaction, productivity, teamwork, improving ourselves and the community. Our proven systems and processes allow us to provide excellent service, every time, while keeping things simple. IT Mindshare is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that was founded in July of 2012. IT Mindshare was named the Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year in 2019 for the state of West Virginia by the SBA. Our company takes great pride in being a great place to work with excellent compensation, benefits and an awesome company culture that values people, hard work and having fun.
The Senior Systems/Network Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide technical support and leadership, including maintaining industry best-practice standards for workstation, server and application support while delivering quality customer service. The Senior Systems/Network Administrator must be able to install, support, and automate services for clients in the field and remotely from IT Mindshare’s service center. This position may include travel to local client locations and may include work after business hours and weekends for special projects requiring downtime. Most importantly, this position requires a person that is dependable, within the tri-city area, works with the highest level of integrity and can manage their calendar and stress level adequately while providing excellent customer support. The Senior Systems/Network Administrator is required to be the resident expert in Windows Server and or Networking areas. They will provide guidance to junior team members, lead projects and be the final escalation point for server and network issues and projects.
- Work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, outside customers and vendors, including tolerance for schedule interruptions.
- Researching, resolving and documenting complex technology and networking problems.
- Independently produce and maintain technical documentation related to complex tasks and projects.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licenses, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and setup on schedule.
- Analyzing and identifying trends in issue reporting and devising preventative solutions.
- Mentoring junior technology professionals on hardware and software problem analysis and resolution.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades as well as configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and servers.
- Valid driver’s license with minimal points on the driving record and ability to pass a background check.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working as a technology professional.
- Five (5) or more years of experience specifically related to networking and/or servers as a technology professional.
- Official training and/or certifications in either Systems Administration, Networking or Security.
- Expert in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and similar protocols to include how they work and best practices.
- Expert in Active Directory, LDAP, Domain Controller, Group Policy and Security in a Microsoft environment.
- Expert with Windows Server, specifically Active Directory / Azure and best practices for configuration.
- Experience with VMware ESXi and Hyper-V environments.
- Experience deploying and operating various Linux distributions in a cloud environment.
- Experience using AWS or Azure on commercial or government platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and migration planning.
- Experience with intrusion detection, firewall administration and security scans.
- Install, configure, administer, repair and diagnose various types of networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity issues and regulatory frameworks such as HIPAA, CMMC, NIST 800-171, etc.
- Fill in for both junior and senior level team members as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information system management, information technology or equivalent in the related field.
- CompTIA Security+ certification or higher.
- CompTIA Linux+ certification or higher.
- CompTIA Cloud+ certification or higher.
- Microsoft SharePoint configuration, installation, and management expertise.
- Scripting expertise.
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience.
- Experience working for a Managed Services Provider.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- IT Mindshare offers competitive pay and a great benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement, teleworking capabilities, and a fun company culture with rewarding work.
Please Email your resume to apply@ITMindshare.com to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
IT Mindshare is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.